Abyss And Angler Fish Voice Thread
ABYSS and Angler Fish https://voicethread.com/share/2856711/
Coral Reef Voice Thread
CORAL REEF VOICE THREAD https://voicethread.com/share/2788864/
Coral Reef Info
The Coral reef what a wonderful place The Coral Reef, where all the fishies plaaaaay Over Fishing Convict tangs help eat the algae so that photosynthesis will be able to get through, But what happens when people over fish the convict fish and they cannot eat the algae making it hard for the coral to go under photosynthesis because the algae, It also depleats the food source. Tourism When the...
Bioluminescence and Angler Fish Stuff
Ah look the Abyss. The deepes part of the ocean, where only the smart and strong oragisims can survive with the hard pressures and darkness Bioluminescence is the production and emission of light by a living organism. The angler gets its name from the elongated dorsal spine that supports a light-producing organ known as a photophore. Through a chemical process known as bioluminescence, this...
What is agent orange? - Agent Orange is the code name for one of the herbicides and defoliants used by the U.S. militaryas part of its herbicidal warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. I Where was it produced in NJ?- Rutgers University ….. i think.
WORLD WATER DAY 3/22
World Water Day - On March 22 it is encouraged for the public to not use their taps throughout the whole day.
1. what did you read what did you learn : I read about the coral reef and how we as people in this world are destroying it. I also read about over population and how we might run out of food by the year 2050. And also some articles about how some chemicals have gone into the river and are killing the fish. 2. Raritan River- I learned that the Raritan River is in our county, I also learned...
This is jellyfish is also known as a crystal jellyfish. Zooplankton are important because they are the beginning of the food chain .
Chapter 12 Review Questions
1. Ecological problems: 1.large increase in the population of the Nile perch. This huge predatory fish will reduce or eliminate many defenseless native fish species. It puts small-scale fishers ad fish vendors out of business, and local forests were depleted for firewood because of the perch’s oily flesh that must be preserved by smoking. 2. lake began experienceng alfal blooms because of nutrient...
- People predict that the next world war would break out because the over population of people would be fighting for water and aquatic wildlife in order to supply and feed off of -Pakistan basically added water to their long list dispute with India , and the Indian natives are becoming wary because what they say are Chinese efforts to dam the Brahmaputra River. -The water and food supply is...
habitat Destruction →
- Expanding Dead Zones are Shrinking Tropical Blue Marlin Habitat - In the tropical northeast Atlantic Ocean - Dead Zones are areas in the ocean with low oxygen level that creatures cannot survive over a long time - ”climate driven dead zones are shrinking the habitat for some of the world’s most valuable fish to commercial and recreational fishermen” - Blue Marlin Fish need...
Ozone Depletion →
- Ozone From Rock Fracture as Earthquake Early Warning. -Ozone gas emitted from fracturing rocks can lead to earthquakes -“Some time prior to an earthquake, pressures begin to build in underground faults. These pressures fracture rocks, and presumably, would produce detectable ozone” - Scientist found that ozone is produced from fracturing rocks only in conditions that contain...
Climate Change →
In this current event I read …
FIRST MARINE BIOLOGY POST!!!!!!
1. My Success strategy would be to do my projects, well the ones that aren’t so long. Also work on my assignments in class 2. Chesapeake Bay is a dead zone 3. Its located in Maryland 4. It is a bay 5. There are dead fish in this bay 6. What happened to Atlantis? 7. Do you believe that there are mythological creatures in the deep sea? 8. What is the deadliest fish? ( excluding sharks) ...